Sukha Malpoa (Dry Malpoa)
Prep. Time : 1 hr. 15 min.
Making Time: 1 hr.
Yields: 15 Average size.
· Boiled Milk - 2 cups
· Semolina - 1/4 cup
· Plain flour - 1 cup
· Sugar -1 cup
· Pinch of baking Soda
· Crashed blackpepper - 8-10 nos
· Oil for deep fry -as require
· Whole fennel -1/2 tsp.
· In a heat proof bowl pour the milk and add sugar in it.
· Heat it for 5 minutes or until sugar is melted in it.
· Then switch off the flame and let it be cool.
· Add semolina and mix well.
· Now add flour in milk mixture by three steps only to avoiding lumps and finally mix baking soda in it.
· Cover the mixture with a lid and keep it as it is for an hour.You will notice ,it will became thick and little more as semolina consumes liquid .Stir it again very well.
· Heat oil in a big mouthed kadai .
· When oil is hot ,pour one scoop of batter in the center of the kadai and after 5-6 seconds it will become puff then turn over the another side .Fry until it became golden brown and remove from heat.
· Sprinkle little sugar over it till it is hot for extra crunchiness.
· Serve hot or cool as you like.
1.Without cow-milk it can be made too.In the case without cow milk , mix 3 tbsp. of milk powder in 2 cups of luke warm water(If you add milk powder in very hot water ,then it may leads to lumps) and mix well.then add sugar into it and boil for 4-5 minutes.
2.I use measuring cup.But if you don,t have can use any cup ,but use the same cup to measure the all ingredients.
3.I used one cup of flour,if you need little more you can use according to thickness.
4.Pour batter into center of the kadai because heat is maximum there. so it takes less times to fry.And every time only pour one scoop of batter ,otherwise it may stick to another.