Sometimes time moves so fast that you can’t realise when there is day and night, these days I have become so busy with all miscellaneous work I can really say time flies. this leads to irregularity in blog posting . I really feel sorry for that. Even if I prepare (with step photos during cooking) and determine to blog something, I can't find enough time to click pictures after plating. This time I made the recipe semi- ready at late night and tried to click in early in the morning before starting the day and now I am feeling so happy to post after a long gap. Got surprised too this time, when my daughter insists me to post this recipe. She really feels me, thanks baby…
Coming back to recipe, chicken cheese ball is a very crunchy and tasty snack that liked by all and not to mention children are fan of this. In fact they are so keen to have this, we always have to buy frozen- ready to fry chicken balls. At least for homemade we can avoid preservatives which must be avoid if anyone is allergic.
To make the chicken filling I used plain Bengali spices .But according to your choice can add more spices. If you use oregano, then you can use oregano and pepper powder too, as oregano will dominate the all other flavors of the spice. For more crispier I rolled out it in bread crumbs, if you don’t want crumbliness you can avoid also.
· Boneless chicken -8-10 pieces
· Vinegar -1 tsp.
· Ginger -garlic -coriander paste-1 and 1/2 tsp.
· Finely chopped onion-1 no
· Salt per taste
· Black pepper crushed -1/2 tsp.
· Finely chopped green chilies -2 nos.
· Garam masala powder – ½ tsp.
(For making this used whole cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, clove and bay leaf. first dry roasted all whole spices, then blend it)
· Corn flour -2tsp. +1 tbsp.
· Egg-1 no
· Cheese cubes-as you require(one cheese cube is required for making one chicken ball
· Flour -2 tbsp. (used to roll chicken balls)
· Bread crumbs -1 cup(used to coat chicken balls)
· White oil for dip frying
· Marinade chicken pieces with vinegar and salt for 15-20 minutes, and then paste it.
· Take chicken paste in a mixing bowl .Mix rest all chopped and ingredients (paste) except cheese, egg and 1 tbsp. of corn flour and flour with chicken paste.
· Make small and equal sized balls from the prepared paste.
· Stuff one cheese cube in each chicken paste and do shape like balls.
· Roll each ball over flour layer. Keep these in to refrigerator for at least 1/2 an hour for good binding.
· Then dip one by one into one beaten egg and 1 tbsp. of corn flour mixture. Next coat with bread crumbs. It is ready to fry.
· Fry in medium hot oil till it became golden brown.
· It is now ready to serve….
The post is especially published for the ongoing event going on in Kolkata Food Bloggers group and this time the featured blogger is Debjani from Debjani's Rannaghar...her theme is Family Recipes...Visit her blog for more and more recipes...