There are lots of ways you can prepare a rice recipe and everyone experiment with rice to make amazing dishes. The main concept of fried rice recipe came from Chinese cuisine and throughout the world it has variety of versions using different types of rice. We Bengalis generally make “Misti pulao” using Gobindo-bhog rice which is a sweet version of fried rice . Gobindo-Bhog rice is special rice used to prepare different sweet dishes also like Payesh, Pithe etc. It has a very good aroma and this is why it is widely used in sweet recipes too.
In Awadhi cuisine they prefer to make rice in Dum along with meat.(a procedure to maintain heat and pressure by covering the container using a lid and locking it using tight floor dough)
This time I experiment a bit and just made this comparatively quick dish especially for my kid. Previously I have doubt, if the aroma of Gobindo-bhog rice and Biryani Masala may conflict but I found the moderate use of biryani masala leads to a fine combined aroma. Another reason I used biryani masala as both my lil and hubby like it. I must mention a fact that I boiled the chicken pieces for less time to maintain softness and used chicken stock to boil rice for incorporating the extra flavour into the rice. So what are you waiting for, if you like the recipe then please - please try once this amazing quick and easy version of Chicken fried rice in my way.
Ingredients:· Gobindo bhog rice -3 cups
· Chicken with bone -300-350 grams.
· Milk -1/2 cup.+2 tsp.
· Potatoes -3 no. (Cut into half)
· Ginger-garlic paste -2 tsp.
· Fried onion -2 nos.(medium)
· Salt -1/2 tsp.
· Black pepper crash -1/2 tsp.
· Vinegar -1/2 tsp.
· Biryani masala – 2 tsp.(total)
· Kesar stands -5-6 nos.
· Sugar -1 ½ tsp.
· Rose water -1/2 tsp.
· Keora water – 1 tsp
· White oil - 3 tsp +1 tsp of ghee
· Marinate potatoes with 1 tsp of vinegar and ¼ tsp. of biryani masala for 5 minutes. Then boil in pressure cooker with single whistle (do not open until the lid remains tight).Then drain the excess water and keep it aside.
· Next take boiled chicken pieces in high heat and fry . So it will take around 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
· Now in a small container mix little milk and saffron .after some time the colour becomes yellow.