Good ingredients and right cooking process always result a good and tasty food.According to a great chef there are always some key ingredients in a particular recipe that help to make it awesome. In my personal view ,Chicken is such an ingredient with which we all home chef can do some experiments to make our recipe little bit different and though it always comes out great.
In winter freshly made tomato varta with hot hand made Indian bread is a quick and easy dinner and makes the dinner perfect with a sweet,'langcha'.Personally I like this combination.
Making tomato varta is quite easy ,first roast tomatoes and then chop it into halves.use a pan with a tsp. Of hot oil add tomato in it .add salt,sugar,chat Marsala,whole green chili with it,and finally let it to cook for 3-4 minutes in low flame covering lid.Yesterday I just applied the procedure to make a chicken recipe "Tomato varta curry in fried chicken" and it came out super in taste.I shared my experience with you.Hope you all will like it.
· Boneless chicken pieces (cut into cube)-20 pieces
· Ginger paste-1 tsp.
· Garlic paste-1 tbsp.
· Hung yogurt-2 tbsp.
· Green chili chopped finely-1-2 no.
· Egg white- 1 no.
· Salt- ¼ tsp.
· Tandoori masala-1/4 tsp.[used homemade masala ]
· Red food colour-1 pinch
· Corn flour-1 tbsp.
· Flour-1 tsp.
· White oil for chicken fry-as required
· Red bell paper slices-1 no.(small)
· Green capsicum- 1 small
· Onion slices-1 small
· Garlic chopped-1/2 tsp.
· Onion powder-1/2 tsp.
· Ginger powder-1/2 tsp.
· Roasted tomatoes after greasing it with oil(remove skin after roasting and paste)-3 nos.
· Salt –to taste
· Sugar-1 tsp.
· Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder-1/2 tsp.
· Green chili slices-2 no.
· White oil-2 tsp.
For chicken fry:
· Marinate chicken pieces with all ingredients as mentioned above except flour and corn flour.
· Keep into refrigerator for at least ½ an hour.
· Mix flour and corn flour with it.
· Finally fry chicken pieces in medium hot oil until it become golden brown.
· Mix red chili powder and turmeric powder with only 1 tsp. of water.
· Take a pan. Heat oil in it.
· Pour turmeric and red chili powder mixture into the pan. It helps to bring the gorgeous red colour.
· Quickly add garlic chopped, mix for 1 minute.
· Next add onion, capsicum and bell paper. Mix and cook for 2 minutes.
· Then add tomato paste and mix.
· Also add salt, green chili, sugar and ginger powder and onion powder in it.
· Cook for 6-7 minutes.
· When oil is just starting to float over on top, add fried chicken pieces in it.
· Stir for 2 minutes.
· Remove from heat and give standing time covering it with a lid.
· Serve hot with any Indian bread.