I remembered the day-we (Kamalika,Sayantani and me) were sitting and enjoying cheese cake, then a young girl with casual dressed( jeans,kurti and side bag entered)was approaching us with waving her hands with saying 'hi friends’ I 'm late'. Yes she was Anwesha the very first time I met her at South City and we did lunch together at Main Land China. Our 2nd meeting was at our KFB potluck party and recently at our KFB Bake Sale. I was just impressed by her personality and body language. She is a Smart, sober, determined and multitasking and at the same time she is a scholar, a traveler, a foodie and last but not the least a Travel & Food blogger. Yes Anwesha Bhattacharya is the star of the week from “Peanuts on the Road – a travel and Food Blog”.
Two of her recipes which I really liked and also tasted at our Potluck Party were “chicken hawaiian salad” and “Fish Cake”. I made the chicken hawaiian salad on my daughter’s Birthday party and it was came out amazing, all praised the taste and it was just vanished at once you can say.. :), But I am sharing and recreating another amazing dish “Fish Cake ” from her blog and also extend the dish to Chili Fish(using Fish Cake Leftover).
· Flour-200 grams
· Butter 150 grams.(melted or room temperature)
· Egg-3 nos.
· Milk-1/2 cup.
· Garlic crashed-2/3 clove
· Onion finely chopped-1 medium
· Ginger(cut into Julian)-1” piece
· Green chili chopped-2-3 nos.
· Dry oregano-1/2 tsp.
· Paprika powder-1/2 tsp.
· Salt-1/2 tsp.
· Baking powder-1/2 tsp.
· Grated cheese-1 cup.
· Fresh coriander leaves-as required(only for garnish)
Ingredients for Chili Fish(using fish cake)
· Fish Cake Pieces(medium) – 10 pcs.
· Capsicum (medium, cut into square) – ½ no.
· Garlic (chopped) – 2 /3 cloves.
· Green Chili (cut into half) – 2 nos.
· White Oil – 2 tbsp.
· Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp.
· Soya Sauce – 1 tsp.
· Vinegar – 1 tsp.· Salt – to taste.
· Boil fish pieces with garlic, pinch of salt and 2/3 cups of water for 15 mints.
· Strain the water and de-bone fish pieces. No need to have mashed. Because it will be already mashed when you will beat it.
· Now in a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, oregano, basil and paprika powder well. Keep aside.
· In another mixing big bowl beat eggs .Then adds onion, ginger, green chili and butter and beat well.
· Add boiled fish with egg mix batter.
· Finally fold flour mixture with it and at the same time add milk slowly.
· Batter is ready and Pour the batter in greased mould, Spread grated cheese over it and place coriander leaves over it.
· Pre heat the oven at 200 degree c. Bake for 30 minutes or until it became in looking golden brown.
· Serve hot .believe me it is a wonderful snack with Green tea.
· Take some left over fish cake and cut them into medium pieces say about 10 pieces.
· Take a bowl and toss the pieces using white oil. Keep aside.
· Use the remaining oil and take onion, capsicums, garlic and green chili, stir and cook for a min.
· Add all sauces mentioned and mix them well in a separate container.
· Pour the mixture over fried onion-Capsi- Garlic and also tossed fish cake pieces.
· Cook for 1 to 2 mins. then remove from heat
· It is ready to serve with any Indian bread.
This post is explicitly for the ongoing event "Know Your Blogger -2" for Kolkata Food Bloggers