Today I 'm going to post a well-known traditional Bengali recipe,'Doi Maach (Yogurt Fish Curry), always a special in the menu of Bengali food lovers. The recipe fits both at get together/fest for dinner or lunch or can be made along with daily meals.
I choose this time to share as the festive season is coming and we Bengalis celebrate festivals along with consumption of lots of foods. I believe it is the perfect in the menu of ‘Navami(the ninth day of navaratri)’ along with Chicken/mutton recipes and with hot steamed rice. It is really easy to cook and great in taste. There is so many variety or process to cook this recipe but I made the simplest and quickest form of it. Do try who did not tried earlier.
Preparation Time – 10 mins.
Baking Time – 40 - 30 mins.
Serves – 2- 3 persons.
· Ruho fish (‘Rui Mach’ in Bengali)-6 pieces
· Salt-little bit
· Turmeric powder-1 pinch
· Well beaten curd-1 cup
· Flour-1/2 tsp.
· Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
· Red chili powder-1/2 tsp.
· Green chili slice-4-5 nos.
· Salt-to taste
· Sugar-1 tbsp.
· Whole Garam masala-1 cardamom ,2-3 clove,1 inch cinnamon
· Coriander leaves-2 tbsp.
· Garam Masala powder-1/4 tsp.
· Mastered oil-2 tbsp.
· Mix turmeric powder and salt with fish. Fry it well and keep aside.
· In a mixing bowl put curd, flour, salt and sugar. Mix well.
· Use the same remaining oil and put whole Masala.
· when it starts to spluttering, pour curd mixture and cook for a minute.
· Next add spice and green chili cook for 2-3 minutes
· When oil came on top, mix a cup hot water.
· When water starts to boil, put fried fish pieces in it and cook for 15 minutes with low flame.
· When it's done remove from heat and spread Garam masala powder over it.
· Garnish with coriander leaves.
· Serve hot with plain steam rice.