Hi, Happy puja to all my friends. It’s Chaturthi and the last finishing touch of Pandals is about to complete. Final touch and ornamentation of Maa Durga Pratima is also going on. Big pujas are already opened and devotees and visitors already moving around .Sounds of various songs, opening functions and all announcements related to puja remind us that Puja is finally arrived. Yes, Durga puja is the biggest festival of Bengalis and when we say that Bengali festival it is somehow synonym with food and bhuri bhoj(consuming full stomach) .Already most of the TV channels are started to show about Bengali cuisines and places of their preference ,i.e. Bengali’s Mahavoj in different restaurant
Today I will share a Bengali fish preparation using Tangra Fish. It is very simple to cook and with ingredients that are available in our home in most of the time. It takes less time to cook which is equally important in puja days as there are lots of things to do along with cooking. So have a great Puja and enjoy the festival.
· Tangra fish in medium size-10 pieces
· Mustard oil for frying-As required
· Fried vadi (Bori /Lentil Dumplings/Lentil fritters)-8-10 pieces.
· Mustard paste-1 tsp.
· Poppy seed paste-1 tsp.
· Yogurt-2 tbsp.
· Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
· Kashmiri red chili powder-1/2 tsp.
· Salt -to taste
· Sugar -1 tsp.
· Black cumin seed-1/4 tsp.
· Onion slice-1 no.
· Garlic paste-1/2 tsp.
· Green chili slice-2 nos.
· Mustard oil-2 tbsp.
· First clean fishes. Mix with little bit of turmeric powder and salt.
· Take a kadai. Fry fishes in hot oil. Remove from heat.
· Use the remaining oil and put black cumin seed, when it is spluttering, add onion. And sauté for a minute.
· Then add garlic paste and mix well. The very next add turmeric powder, Red chili powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
· In a small container make a mixture of poppy seed paste, mustard paste and yogurt. Pour it into the kadai where the masala is being cooked. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
· Pour 1 cup of water in it. When it starts to boil, put green chili slice, fried fish and fried Vadis. Cover it. Cook it for 15 minutes.
· Remove from heat and it is ready to serve.
· Serve with hot steamed rice.