This is the all-time favorite cashew nut mewa burfi for most of the sweet lovers, Apart from "Gulab Jamun" known as "Pantua" in Bengali this is my all-time favorite sweet, I have tried to tweak a little and played with some colours and tried to make a watermelon shape using the same ingredients used in C-M Burfi mixed with little bit cocoa powder, I tried to make a perfect look alike watermelon by putting some black cardamom attaching to the red or central portion but as the smell of the black cardamom was very much dominating, the original aroma of the burfi became faded so I drop the idea and used green cardamom and it was adjustable with taste though the look was not matched with the black seeds of watermelon.
I tried my best to match the taste and looks as per my knowledge. I must say sorry as there was no picture with seeds and promise to share it soon. Wishing all to try it your own and looking forward to your feedback and suggestions.
· Grated mewa-350 grams.
· Almond powder-2 tbsp.
· Rose essence-3-4 drops.
· Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp.
· Ghee-1 tsp.
· Green food colour-as required
· Cherry red food colour-as required
For making sugar syrup:
· Sugar-1/4 cup.
· Water-1/4 cup
· Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Take grated mewa in it. Carefully sauté until it take light pink colour.
· Remove from heat and keep aside.
· Mix all other ingredients except food colour.
· Take another pan into the flame. Pour water and sugar in it.
· When water is being boiled to start and sugar began to dissolve, stir constantly until become thick sugar syrup. Put mewa mixture in it and with low flame cook it for 2 minutes.
· Remove from heat and let it be cool. For smoothness mash it well and divide the total mewa into 3:2:1 proportion.
· In to the first proportion mix green colour well, into the second proportion don’t mix any colour and into the third part mix well the red colour.
· Now first take 1 tsp. red coloured mewa and make a small circle with your hand. Keep it. Take 1 ½ tsp. white portioned mewa ,make flatten it in between your palm and put red mewa ball in it and cover it with white portion and make a smooth circle.
· Now take 1 ¼ tbsp. Green coloured mewa and flatten with your palm. Put white ball in it and cover it with green portion and make smooth circle.
· Make other balls like this from rest of the mewa and covering these put it in refrigerator for half an hour. It will help to cut the sweet easily and also get a good binding.
· Then cut the each balls first vertically and next cut it into equal two parts.
· The sweet is now ready to serve.