Yields - 10 Nos.
Preparation time- 1/2 hour
Cooking time- 1/2 hour
· Moong Dal(lentils)- 1/3 cup
· Deshi ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/2 cup
· Dense sugar syrup powder -1/2 cup or as per your taste (Procedure will be explained in method section)
· Green cardamom powder 1/2 tsp.
· Cashewnuts powder ( I used 8-10 cashewnuts and grinded these)
· Milk powder -1/4 cup
· Luke warm water (to mix milk powder) - 5-6 tbsp.
· Dry desiccated coconut and pistachios- for garnishing
Method of making dense sugar syrup powder:
· For this we need 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water.
· In a deep mouthed Kadai put sugar and water both. Then put it on gas flame. Mix it with a spatula for 2 -3 minutes on high heat, then reduce the heat and stir constantly. Sugar will be melted in water and will notice it is becoming dense and sticky. Never stop stirring. After 10-12 minutes it is becoming solid, then switch off the flame and stir even continuous to avoid the lump. Otherwise after holding the solid form it may lump.
· If small lumps come in it, there is only way to grind it.
· It is not necessary to make this at that time you will make Ladoo, rather you can make it before and store in an air tight container.
Method of ladoo:
· Wash moong dal first and strain the water.
· Then dry roast till it become light brown in colour. Let it cool in room temperature and grind it like fine powder.
· In a small container add milk powder and Luke warm water and mix it well.
· Heat a Kadai (I used iron Kadai, nonstick metal can be used for more comfort)Take Deshi ghee.
· When little hot, pour the powder of moong dal. Fry it in low flame (otherwise may chance to burn or can stick bottom portion in Kadai) till became red brown in colour with constant stirring.
· When done, add milk powder mixture in it and stir for 5-7 minutes. It will be well cooked and ghee will float .Add cardamom powder and mix.
· Remove from heat and put the day mixture in a flat, big plate.
· Add sugar syrup powder in it till it is hot and mix it well with your palm or can use masher. Then let them cool for a while and make ladoo by rounding by your hands.
· When it is ready, just roll it one time in desiccated dry coconut and garnish with small pieces of pistachios.